Monday, June 25, 2007
Hail hail
We're officially in the rainy season. At least, I'm making it official. Yesterday, there was a tormenta with hail! Couldn't believe it. Lasted about 45 minutes. Before the storm started, I made it to Aurora, to meet Donna before for a quick lunch before her modeling gig for Terra and Peter. Donna was not so lucky. She got drenched.
Yesterday a.m. I stopped by The Cafe to meet Caren, and take a look at press releases she is writing for her film, Lost and Found in Mexico. Can't remember if I've written about this yet, too lazy to go back and check. I had some problems with the film, with the relative silence of the Mexicans in it, but I've come around to the idea that this is one part of the story, and in this case, like it or not, the reason gringos up and leave their lives behind to move here usually has little to do with the people who live here and more to do with the freedom that comes from being between cultures. Check out the trailers for pix of my friend Sue, who is the sister of one of my best friends from high school, and also, for the story of a (relatively) famous attorney from the Big D. Added bonus: you'll get a clearer picture of where I'm living.
Yesterday a.m. I stopped by The Cafe to meet Caren, and take a look at press releases she is writing for her film, Lost and Found in Mexico. Can't remember if I've written about this yet, too lazy to go back and check. I had some problems with the film, with the relative silence of the Mexicans in it, but I've come around to the idea that this is one part of the story, and in this case, like it or not, the reason gringos up and leave their lives behind to move here usually has little to do with the people who live here and more to do with the freedom that comes from being between cultures. Check out the trailers for pix of my friend Sue, who is the sister of one of my best friends from high school, and also, for the story of a (relatively) famous attorney from the Big D. Added bonus: you'll get a clearer picture of where I'm living.