Saturday, April 07, 2007

 

Bunny-free zone.

I was talking about Easter at Biznaga Thursday night with an 18-year-old Mexican girl who loves heavy metal (especially Iron Maiden and anything Swedish). She told me about how she'd spend most of the weekend at church, which is pretty normal for young, unmarried people. Often they sleep over Friday and Saturday night to "guard the tomb." She would walk in the silent procession on Friday night (Forgot to mention that -- Reps from the different churches carry their icons and banners in a silent parade through Oaxaca on Friday night. Most interesting part - they wear robes and peaked hoods that make them look like clansmen.)

I told her how fascinated I was with all the Easter activities. "Really? Is it all that different in the states?"

Where to begin...well, we have this thing called the Easter Bunny....

Comments:
HEY! The Easter Bunny kicks arse.Just sayin'
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?