Friday, February 23, 2007
Back in Mexico!
This morning, in the airport in Mexico, all the TVs were playing Hoy, which is sort of like Mexico's Good Morning America crossed with The View. There“s daily yoga on this show, led by a young, bearded, shirtless yogi whose segment begins and ends with a montage of what look like catalogue modeling shots ...in a suit, at a party, on the beach etc....so Not yoga....but so entertaining. I want to write in and suggest the classic "about to throw a frisbee" pose.
Of course, I am glad to be back.
I am in Oaxaca, which is southwest of Mexico City. The city is much bigger than San Miguel Allende, where I last studied Spanish in Mexico, and it dwarfs any city I was in in Costa Rica. I have only been here a few hours, and already I have heard music floating into my room from a nearby salsa school and from a singing school. There was an accordionist on the street, a military band performing in the Zocolo and a concert setting up in Benito Juarez park, which is two blocks from where I am staying.
My hostess is a woman named Yolanda. I don't know much about her yet, but she has four adult children, two of them in the states. And she made me a lovely lunch of sauteed fish with avocado.
Internet access should be much better here, so look for more frequent posts.
And congrats to Thor and Kim and new baby Leo Dylan!!
Of course, I am glad to be back.
I am in Oaxaca, which is southwest of Mexico City. The city is much bigger than San Miguel Allende, where I last studied Spanish in Mexico, and it dwarfs any city I was in in Costa Rica. I have only been here a few hours, and already I have heard music floating into my room from a nearby salsa school and from a singing school. There was an accordionist on the street, a military band performing in the Zocolo and a concert setting up in Benito Juarez park, which is two blocks from where I am staying.
My hostess is a woman named Yolanda. I don't know much about her yet, but she has four adult children, two of them in the states. And she made me a lovely lunch of sauteed fish with avocado.
Internet access should be much better here, so look for more frequent posts.
And congrats to Thor and Kim and new baby Leo Dylan!!