Tuesday, January 02, 2007
My new career
At Craig and Yvonne's New Year's Eve party, Marty showed me a sketch of the tiki bar that he and Joel are going to build as their spring project at Marty's cabin up north. It's got swings and a grass roof and it will go kind of close to the wood pile near the fire pit. Marty has agreed to hire me as the bartender. I'll only work weekends, and only get out of the hammock when I hear people pulling into the driveway. He offered $2 an hour, plus tips, though that salary got smaller as the evening wore on. We're still negotiating on the coconut bra and grass skirt - I say only if he's wearing them too.
I do not have any new ideas yet about what I'll do when I get done traveling, just a lot of faith that I'll figure it out. And I'm shockingly calm about this. But occasionally I have a nervous moment. Now, when I do, I can think of the tiki bar and relax.
I do not have any new ideas yet about what I'll do when I get done traveling, just a lot of faith that I'll figure it out. And I'm shockingly calm about this. But occasionally I have a nervous moment. Now, when I do, I can think of the tiki bar and relax.