Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Where am I?
I stopped blogging temporarily because the only thing I'm south of right now is Chicago. And that's just temporary. Christmas, catching up with family and friends in Dallas, then Indianapolis, then on to Milwaukee for New Year and a rumored 24-hour party to ring it in.
I leave for Costa Rica on Jan. 6. I will spend two weeks in Monteverde, in the Cloud Forest, and then three or four weeks in Playa Flamingo. I finally got some Costa Rica guidebooks (thanks Tom!) The good news: Playa Flamingo is in the middle of a beautiful series of beaches on the Pacific coast. The bad news: This particular beach is populated by rich retired sportsfishermen and their girlfriends. It is built up and expensive. A quote: "Despite its beauty, surfers shun it." Since I hope to learn to surf while I'm down there, this presents a bit of a challenge.
The school I'm going to is far more expensive than the one in San Miguel, though the families I will stay with sound like they are less well off. I am supposed to bring plenty of bug spray with Deet, mosquito netting, and an open mind about cold showers.
I leave for Costa Rica on Jan. 6. I will spend two weeks in Monteverde, in the Cloud Forest, and then three or four weeks in Playa Flamingo. I finally got some Costa Rica guidebooks (thanks Tom!) The good news: Playa Flamingo is in the middle of a beautiful series of beaches on the Pacific coast. The bad news: This particular beach is populated by rich retired sportsfishermen and their girlfriends. It is built up and expensive. A quote: "Despite its beauty, surfers shun it." Since I hope to learn to surf while I'm down there, this presents a bit of a challenge.
The school I'm going to is far more expensive than the one in San Miguel, though the families I will stay with sound like they are less well off. I am supposed to bring plenty of bug spray with Deet, mosquito netting, and an open mind about cold showers.
Comments:
<< Home
"I am supposed to bring plenty of bug spray with Deet, mosquito netting, and an open mind about cold showers."
Hmmm....so, all in all, not that much different from working at the DMN?
Enjoy all your adventures--
Melinda
Post a Comment
Hmmm....so, all in all, not that much different from working at the DMN?
Enjoy all your adventures--
Melinda
<< Home
