Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Noche buena
Is how you say poinsetta in Spanish. I´ve only seen them in pots before. Here they grow in tall bushes. Very pretty. Today there were orange and yellow and white butterflies hovering over the poinsettas in the garden behind the school.
The whole town is decorated for Christmas. There are lights in all the trees in the Jardin and in most shop windows. Giant star pinatas are strung up across Correo, one of the streets leading into the Jardin. At home, there seems to be a new Christmas decoration every day - the tree, fake poinsettas over the doorways, lights, santa claus statues, etc. I¨ll be leaving the day the Christmas festivities really start though, which is sort of a shame. I hate to miss a fiesta here.
Exams friday, and then one more week in SMA...I¨ll be sad to leave, but not so sad that I want to be here in January.
The whole town is decorated for Christmas. There are lights in all the trees in the Jardin and in most shop windows. Giant star pinatas are strung up across Correo, one of the streets leading into the Jardin. At home, there seems to be a new Christmas decoration every day - the tree, fake poinsettas over the doorways, lights, santa claus statues, etc. I¨ll be leaving the day the Christmas festivities really start though, which is sort of a shame. I hate to miss a fiesta here.
Exams friday, and then one more week in SMA...I¨ll be sad to leave, but not so sad that I want to be here in January.