Monday, December 04, 2006

 

The cell phone

It´s a week old and I celebrated by learning to pick up my voice mail messages yesterday. It´s star 86. At least, I think it is. No one was talking on the one message I had.

I still haven´t figured out how to record a greeting.

One sucky thing about cell phones here - you get charged for receiving calls as well as making them. I bought a cheap motorola phone and registered with Telcel. I buy Telcel phone cards and load the minutes onto the phone.

Two more ripoffs - A 300 card is 300 pesos, not 300 minutes. I can´t figure out how much I´m charged a minute, but I think it´s something like 10 cents. And the minutes expire.

But still, I got a phone and 300 minutes for about 45 dollars. Really not a bad deal.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?